Friday 11 March 2011

Rice, rice, rice, rice...nice


So as the heat sets in, I'm trying to pay as much attention as possible to what I eat and drink. It was 30 today but I can see it slowly creeping upto 35 from this website:
http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/india/berhampur

Coming to think of it, I'm sure its warmer than that here...anyway!

Yesterday I drank the water from a coconut (there are different varieties of mango tree, coconuts and papaya growing on the campus) and that made me feel grand. Imagine the taste of one of those oral rehydration solutions in water and make it sweeter and most likely more effective! Obviously litre after litre of water is a good option too. Today, however, I tried a new type of rice popular in Orissa and other parts of India: 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/food/food-reviews/Pakhala-a-hot-favourite-in-Orissas-summer-menu/articleshow/5787472.cms

It's also referred to as water rice and it's really a different deal. You have to squeeze out the water back into the bowl you get it served in and then eat the rice down. It tasted quite alcoholic but in a sweet, sticky way.

It's meant to help you relax in the summer heat and also promotes great sleep. Simple solutions to everyday problems. This, I like about India...shame this doesn't apply to other areas of society :( Anyway, back to correcting Mr. Pattnaik's financial manual.


Love to all


No comments:

Post a Comment