Wednesday 23 March 2011

Silkie dubbing it...

booom, booom, boom...stop         

boom, boom, boom, boom...stop.....love it
 







I reckon I could make music like this. Recorded an acoustic guitar track last night and attempted some lyrics for the first time...feeling mighty creative. It's weird. I would never have had the head space and inspiration to do anything like this back at home. Matt H, if you are reading this, can I email you the dodgy demo tracks to see what you would recommend? I might upload the track when it's finished. Kinda Zeppelin folky esque. I reckon I could simply get the first part tracked and then add and add and add until it's great.

I might write a riff to play in the villages for Gram Vikas too. Guitars seem to really hold people's attention here so maybe worth it?

I also wrote a short story kinda in the style of Quentin Tarantino where the plot-line spontaneously shifts to the other character's tale so multiple stories run in parallel before meeting for the climatic finale. There are two criminals just released from jail enjoying their freedom again, an innocent Pawnbroker guy living in the Bronx amongst warring drug dealing gangs and a spoilt teenager getting used to homeless life after deciding to quit his job and run away from his family. So all set in America. I think I was thinking about The Wire whilst scribbling words so that's kinda a bit where this is coming from. I'm thinking about the film Sin City too..dirty grimey urban landscape with seedy goings on. I might just pass it over to Nick so he can destroy any creativity with comic flare....

Love to all

R

No comments:

Post a Comment