Monday 21 May 2012

Boards Of Canada Wire Magazine Interview - 2005

So, my music obsessiveness continues with a renewed love for Boards Of Canada and their back-catalog. I've been reading a lot about them and I am interested in the reason behind their lack of output for the past few years.

Words cannot describe how incredible I find this music. The oscillating synthesizers and looped samples seem so emotionally charged and nostalgic. I have so much respect for these artists that can realize such a specific vision and produce art like this. To me, releasing records like this would be a life defining moment.

I told a friend last year that one of my goals is to be professionally artistic in 5 years time. I still want to produce tracks and I would like to go and hide in the mountains somewhere and devote all my energy to a project of some kind. I just wish when I was younger I was exposed to more musical instruments and equipment. If you can foster this kind of creative imagination from a young age, I think records like this are really possible.

My other thought is that it would be great to set up some kind of artistic group or community to share ideas and skills. Anyway, I am rambling. Check out the following interview with Boards Of Canada.





No comments:

Post a Comment